Not sure how to sort it?
On 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation(GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 came into force, reflecting the importance of data protection in our increasingly digital world. We shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance withthe GDPR, the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta),and any subsidiary legislation.
We are committed to protecting our visitors’ and/or user’s privacy and we will not collect any personal information about you as a visitor unless you provide it voluntarily. By giving your consent to provide your personal information to us, you are agreeing that the personal information you are providing shall be collected, processed and stored in accordance with the principles outlined below.
Definition of “Personal Data” is data that identifies an individual, including but not limited to:
- Email address
- Postal address
- Contact number
- Date of birth
- Identification number
This policy sets out the basis for which any of your personal data is collected and processed.
- PURPOSE OF COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect and process personal information insofar as it is strictly necessary in order to carry out its administrative and statutory functions. These functions, inter alia, include:
- organising and holding of events, conferences and information sessions for which registration is necessary by customers;
- the carrying out of necessary studies and surveys and other activities.
Personal data may be collected, processed and stored by the unit for the purpose of;
- internal management, research and statistics, systems administration, the development and improvement of our services;
- preventing, detecting and/or prosecuting any criminal activity which we are bound to report/act upon whilst fulfilling our statutory obligations;
- DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
All personal information collected by us is processed in a secure environment and in confidence. We will only disclose any personal information to our employees, other government entities/departments or third parties that need access to your data to provide you with a service.
With your consent only– We will share personal data with companies, organisations or individuals outside our remit.
We reserve the right to store and forward any records, data and recordings to the relevant authorities when requested to do so by a lawful order of the Police, Court, Tribunal or Regulatory Body.
- DATA RETENTION
We will not retain your personal data for longer than it is required for us to provide such services and implementation of regulations under our direct responsibility or for any legal or statutory requirement.
- ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
As a data subject, you have right of access to the personal information we hold about you. By law you have a right;-
- to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- be informed about how we process your data;
- to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected;
- to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you for example if you want to establish it’s accuracy or the reason for processing it.
If you have any queries in relation to personal information on you, if any, held by us please contact our Data Protection Officer.
Requests in relation to personal information can also be made in writing and addressed to our Data Protection Officer. Your ID number, name and surname and address have to be submitted with the request. In case of identification difficulties, you may be required to show your Identity Card.
- Our Data Protection Officer (DPO) may be contacted at:
Name: Mr. Gaetano Vella
Address: MESDC Offices, 6,
Triq Hal Qormi
Santa Venera SVR 1301
Telephone: 2292 6271
- All personal data shall be processed according to the General Data Protection Regulation(GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 as well as any other applicable law or guidelines published from time to time.
- We shall not transfer any personal data to any third party other than in the cases specified in this form unless with the Applicant’s consent or in cases where we are required to disclose such data by law.
- Your rights as data subjects under the General Data Protection Regulation(GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 shall apply. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information and Data Protection Commissioner;
Address: Information and Data Protection Commissioner (IDPC)
Level 2, Airways House
Sliema SLM 1549
Tel: (00356) 2328 7100
- You may not withhold data for the purposes of such application.
- You warrant that all data provided by you is accurate.
- You acknowledge that data in such application shall be retained by us.
- Upon request, we shall:
- i) remove you and your personal information, from our database, thereby cancelling your application; or
- ii) correct personal information that you state is erroneous.
Updates to this Data Protection Notice
We reserve the right to update this data protection notice at any time. The updated data protection notice will be published on our website. In case of any questions about this notice please contact us on the details provided above for the DPO.
JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
The Maltese courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to the website.
These terms and conditions of use and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of Malta.
All effort has been made to ensure that this website confirms to the accessibility requirements and recommendations of the W3C WAI accessibility recommendations to ensure that the website caters for individuals with specific disabilities.
Thank you for visiting our website.
Last updated 4th September 2018